If you are interested in Joining the Tango Mike DX group then basic membership is free of charge. The easiest way to join Tango Mike is to head over to our forums at Transmission1, register and then post a message on the Tango Mike forum in the appropriate area. To save you time here’s a direct link to the forum section you need to look at. Inside here you’ll find the current Tango Mike Membershp Requests thread that you can post on.
Don’t forget to tell us where you are from and a little information about yourself. You are more than welcome to join in with the discussions across the entire site so enjoy!
Unit numbers are allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you do not state a preference the next available number will be given to you in your divisional area. Generally numbers between 001 and 999 are allocated for each division as per the Internationally recognised 11m prefix numbering system. In certain circumstances we issue numbers higher than 999, this is for members who wish to keep the same number as they use with another DX group.
There are no hard and fast rules at Tango Mike since the 11m is essentially freeband worldwide but we ask you to consider the following:
- Be polite and courtesy to other stations on the air at all times when using your Tango Mike callsign
- Always QSL 100%. If you agree to exchange QSL cards with a station then you MUST always carry this out.
- Avoid causing interference to other radio spectrum users – monitor your output, ensure your equipment is installed correctly and your signal is clean. If you need help or advice on any technical aspect we ask you to post for help on transmission1.net
- Always QSY from main calling frequencies as soon as possible so that other operators can establish contacts.
- Always have fun on the radio, enjoy DX’ing and be happy!
Always respect the local laws and radio regulations of your country. Tango Mike DX Group is NOT responsible for any mis-use of radio equipment or the conduct of its operators.